Monday, December 30, 2013

Kamille's Pay It Forward

Kamille's Pay It Forward

Video of us "Paying It Forward" in Bethelstadur: 







Part 1 
What is "Pay It Forward"? 
Pay it Forward is showing a random act of kindness to a person. Then that person that you showed an act of kindness to shows an act kindness to another person. It's basically spreading kindness around. The act of kindness doesn't have to be big, just something that can make others smile.  

Part 2
What was your "Pay it Forward" act of kindness?
First of all, Angel, Trisha, Heather and I teamed up to pay it forward. Our act of kindness was making the seniors who lived at Bethelstadur happy on Christmas Eve. Because most of the are living on their own and away from their family.

Why did you choose this activity? 
For me, I agreed with my group mates about doing this activity because It reminded me of my grandparents who lives miles and miles away from my family and I but with this little act of kindness I can express my love to the seniors which I cannot give to my grandparents. 

Who did you help?
We helped the seniors/tenements who lived in Bethestadur. 

What did you do? 
My group and I made the their favourite food, which was eggrolls and we baked cupcakes and sang Christmas carols. While we served them food, we also gave them Christmas cards! 

When did you do your act of kindness? 
We did our act of kindness on December 24th, Christmas Eve. Around 10 am to 3pm. 


Part 3
How did your act of kindness go?
Our act of kindness was done very well. At first we started talking about our ideas and when we're gonna buy the things but then I asked when are we gonna do it, so my group mates and I agreed to start that day when we were "just" planning things outs. Then we went on from that day. I didn't know that we could really make it happen because if you think about it do you really think people would want stuff from strangers? Well I'm happy that I was wrong because it felt great seeing their joyful smiles and getting warm hugs.


What happened?
On the first day (December 22) we planned things but we also decided to buy the things we needed that day. So we went out and buy the ingredients we needed for the cupcakes and Christmas cards to give out. After buying all the things we needed, we went back to Trisha's house and did the cards. The next day (December 23) we went to superstore and bought the things we needed for the eggrolls, we decided to buy it then so it would be fresh. After that we went to Bethelsatdur just to see what it looks like and tell the people there that we're coming by the next day. On the last day (December 24) we went to Bethelstadur around 10 am to get things ready and cook the eggrolls. Around 12:30 pm -1:00 pm that's when the tenetents started coming down to the sun room when we had the food. While they ate my group mates and I thought it would be great if we had a little performance, so we decided to sing, we also had a speech after singing and it talked about pay it forward. Many more people came and we served them and gave them a Christmas card. At 3:00pm that's when we called it a day and cleaned up. It was great seeing them there and enjoy each others company! :) 

How did you feel?
I felt so privileged that I got to do something like that because most kids don't. It was great seeing their faces with big smiles and hearing their laughter. I enjoyed doing that and hopefully I get to do something like that again. Hopefully we made their Christmas.


How did the person or people react?
They were surprised that kids were doing something like that and not adults.


Did you ask the person or people to "pay it forward"?
Yes, my group and I had a little speech which asked them to pay it forward.


How did they react to your request?
They didn't really react to our request but I heard someone saying "ohh" after we gave them a few ideas on how they can pay it forward.


Part 4
Why is the idea of "Pay it Forward" important?
The idea of "Pay it Forward" is important because it teaches us that you don't have to do something big just to show kindness.


Has your act of kindness made a difference?
Yes, our act of kindness made a differences in those peoples lives because even though we aren't their real family we at least showed them what a family is like.

No comments:

Post a Comment